Monday, February 9, 2009

Pheasant Fest

I took Qwik and Diesel to Pheasant Fest in Madison yesterday. http://www.pheasantfest.org/ It was a HUGE event! We sat in the Curly-Coated Retriever Club of America booth doing some breed education! D and Qwik were GREAT breed ambassadors. They were holding brocures and letting everyone pet and rub them. Diesel almost fell off the table a buncha times leaning against people.

We got lots of questions like. "Are these Labradoodles?", "Do they shed?" What kinda mix is this?" "Is this a curly lab?" "Did you curl their hair?" "Did you shave their faces?" "Do you have to trim their hair?" It was LOTS of fun! I got to talk to some curly people about the specialty and am getting excited for it.....its the end of April but I can't wait!

It was SOOO funny too I was sitting in the booth and Kyle my Field Trainer walked by. Him and his wife were sitting in the booth behind us and I didn't even know it! I was bugging him to start training soon! I gotta get the girls goin! Qwik has lots of stuff to get training on this year. Especially before the speciality in April!

All the snow is melting and its yucky out. Hopefully we will get the inch of snow on Thursday to cover up all this yuckyness!

No comments: